Parents will be allowed to drop off their children in their classroom for the first week of school. As of August 27, 2018, parents will not be allowed in the building. During morning arrival times, please drop off your children at one of the two entrances to the school –
- the front entrance along the circular driveway (northeast entrance of school)
- the side entrance along the circular driveway (west entrance of the school)
We will have supervision provided by both school staff and cleared parent volunteers at these locations as well as on campus in the areas where students are to report to have breakfast and where they report to wait for their teachers. Our school patrols will also be on-hand to assist with escorting younger students to class as needed.
We ask that you abide by the following procedures in order to ensure the safety of our students, parents and staff during morning arrival:
- Please drop off students at one of the two entry ways listed above;
- Please drive at slow speeds while in the school’s driveway (5-10 mph speed zone);
- Drop off should only occur from the right lane by the curbside (NO DROP OFF FROM LEFT LANE);
- The left lane is only for pulling out;
- Please give the right-of-way to pedestrians in the crosswalks;
- Slow down as you reach the crosswalks;
- If you are walking to school, please cross only at the crosswalks (do not cross in between cars);
- Please treat our staff and volunteers with respect, since they are looking out for your safety and that of your children.
The staff parking lot is for staff use only. The parking lot is never to be used as an area for dropping off and/or picking up students. Please follow these procedures while driving your vehicle:
- Cars should stay next to the curb that is closest to the building.
- Cars should not be left unattended in the driveway from 7:00 am – 8:45 am.
- The driveway is for drop-off and pick-up only from 7:00 am – 8:45 am.
- In the afternoon, you may park next to the curb closest to the building (do not double park and block the driveway).
- If you would like to park and pick-up your child/children on the street outside of the school, please do not block private home driveways.
- No parking in the circular driveway in the morning between 7:00 am and 8:45 am. In the afternoon, you may park next to the curb closest to the building. (Do not double park and block the driveway)
- No parking or entering in the Bus Loading Zone located at the south side of the building.